It can be a little daunting to think of having to keep an eye on an entire farm, and there may be areas that you simply cannot access with a security camera. For these areas, have you ever considered drone security? Technology is advancing in leaps and bounds, and the ability to use a little flying device to record and monitor the security of your farm from the air is definitely a huge bonus! A drone is a simple, innovative and very useful way of keeping an eye on the security of your farm. They are very unobtrusive, meaning that they can not only keep an eye out for potential thieves, but also keep you up to date on the calving status of outdoor cows, for example.
Drones come in all shapes and sizes, and you may find one that is better suited to your needs than others – do you want a large drone? One that can send information directly to your smart phone? Or one that will relay images to you at the end of the day?
What You'll Learn Today
Best Drone For Farm Security: Reviews
Whatever your flying security needs, we’ve got you covered with our top three picks for best drone for farm security.
|TOP PICK: DJI Mavic Air Quadcopter
A premium, light, foldable drone that is easy to fly.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE
|Ruko F11 Pro 4K Quadcopter
The perfect drone with 4k camera for a beginner.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE
|Holy Stone HS120D GPS Drone
A sturdy, budget friendly, drone.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE
1. DJI Mavic Air Quadcopter with Remote Controller Review
This is a drone suitable for people who have to walk a little way before launching it – it is easier to carry about with you than any other, and you can even fold it up! It is incredibly light, and very suitable for flying surveillance over your farm.
- Creates perfect panoramas. In just eight seconds, this model can stitch together 25 photographs to create clear, spherical 32 mega pixel photographs of the entire surroundings.
- Can be operated using a phone. You don’t have to carry a remote around with you to fly this drone; you can set up tracking on your phone to operate it without a remote. As if this wasn’t enough, you can even program it so that you can control it with hand gestures!
- ActiveTrack for following subjects. You can easily select what you want to follow, as Activetrack can sense up to 16 subjects, and can follow the one you select, even if they are in fast motion.
- Remote operation. You can still control this drone from a long way away, and it will last for up to 21 minutes of flight time. This ideal for heading a long way over your farm, and knowing that it won’t run out of battery halfway round.
- Sometimes tries to fly itself. When the battery gets to 20%, the drone will set itself to “home” mode and will try to take itself home – which is great, unless you’ve walked around a few trees on the way.
A great little drone for patrolling the areas of your farm that you can’t easily see without a long walk. It captures a large amount for such a small device, and it is easy to fly once you get used to it.
2. Ruko F11 Pro 4K Quadcopter UHD Live Video GPS Drone Review
This drone is perfect for the beginner to learn to fly a drone. It is easy to use, and it has several useful features to help even the newest of newbies learn to fly like a professional.
- 30 + 30 minutes flight time. The upgraded intelligent battery allows half an hour of flying time, and an extra 30 minute battery is also included.
- Strong, stable GPS signal. You can still receive high definition footage from up to 500 metres away. The Stronger GPS Positioning allows this drone to hover in a stable position and capture great still footage.
- Headless mode. This scary sounding mode is actually very helpful, as it will orientate the direction of the drone to the user, making this the perfect model for beginners and children learning to fly.
- Comes with tools in case of accidents. You will receive the right screwdriver, and four extra propeller blades, in case you accidentally crash your drone into a tree or a building.
- Photo quality is not the best. The lens of the camera can sometimes give a “fish eye” effect to the photos, which makes true definition really hard to get.
This is the perfect drone for a beginner or a young person, so if you’ve never tried out drone surveillance on your farm, then this is a great way to ease your way in.
3. Holy Stone HS120D GPS Drone With Camera Review
This drone is built to be sturdy and withstand a few hard knocks. It comes with a backpack to store your drone and all its extras, and it has a good long flight time. This is the perfect drone for farm surveillance, ideal for an experienced flier.
- High definition footage. This drone will capture quality footage of whatever you set it at, and it will save this directly to your smart phone where you can either share it on further or save it for future use.
- Easy to fly and to use. The One Key take off and landing button, Altitude Hold and Speed Adjust functions make this drone highly suitable for any level of flight expertise, from beginners to the more experienced.
- Small, light and easy to carry. You can take this drone to wherever you need to take it, and not have to worry about carrying too much extra heavy weight.
- Customizable flight path. You can simply draw points on your smart phone screen, once you have connected your drone to your phone, and it will follow this path exactly.
- Sometimes has a mind of its own. It has been reported that occasionally this drone will break free of its bonds and decide to just fly off by itself!
A great, all weather all terrain drone, ideal for scoping out the farthest areas of your farm and keeping an eye on things that you could not usually see.
Farm security is much enhanced by having a drone or two up your sleeve. The best drone for farm security will improve your life no end – now you won’t actually have to walk to the farthest field to check that the fencing is ok – the drone will do this job for you!
If you want to check what else you may need to improve your farm security, have a look at our selection of two way radios.