Farm work is hard on the hands, there is no doubt about that. It’s not just the heavy lifting, or the work with machinery, but also the weather. Cold temperatures can play havoc with exposed skin, and you may find your hands becoming chapped and sore. A good pair of gloves will keep your hands warm, dry even in the rain, and protected from accidental injury.
Hacking at brambles, operating machinery, and chopping logs can all be hard on your hands, so keeping them safe in a good, sturdy pair of gloves is as important thing as a good pair of rubber boots or any other farming clothing.
What You'll Learn Today
- 1 Best Gloves For Farm Work: Reviews
- 1.1 1. Ironclad Ranchworx Work Gloves RWG2-04-L Review
- 1.2 2. Women’s HydraHyde Water Resistant Work, Gardening Gloves Review
- 1.3 3. Men’s Leather Work Gloves With Adjustable Wrist Review
- 2 Conclusion
Best Gloves For Farm Work: Reviews
Do you especially need gloves that are waterproof? Is it very important that they have good grip? Do you like the sound of gloves that have reinforced areas on the places that get the most use? You can find just about any glove you need for any type of work, and to make your search easier we have laid out our three best gloves for farm work for you.
|TOP PICK: Ironclad Ranchworx
Strong, sturdy gloves great for just about any work.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE|
Water resistant gloves best for gardening work.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE|
|Men’s Leather Work Gloves
Plain, simple 100% leather gloves.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE|
1. Ironclad Ranchworx Work Gloves RWG2-04-L Review
These gloves are very strong and sturdy, and so are suitable for hard work and heavy lifting. They are designed to protect your hands from damage, and are well made enough that they will last for a long time.
- Supple leather construction. Leather can be a very soft material, one that can be very comfortable to wear. The pattern stitched into the palm allows for great freedom of movement and dexterity.
- Designed for longevity. These gloves have Kevlar reinforced areas in the most commonly used areas, so that they will last longer than others. The knuckles, especially, are protected from knocks and cuts.
- Easy to care for. These gloves can be easily kept clean; simply machine wash them on a cool cycle, then air dry them for the best results. The leather, unlike some, will not shrink or dry out from being washed.
- They’re very versatile. You can use these gloves for just about any hard work; from chopping logs to lifting heavy things, cutting down trees – whatever you throw at them they will handle it!
- The fingertips are not as strong as the rest of the glove. You may find that these gloves wear out quicker in the fingers than other places, which can be an inconvenience.
These gloves are great for just about any work that you want to do, and they will last you for a good long time to come. They also look the part – not that this is high on your list of things that you need in a pair of farm gloves, but it’s a nice touch!
2. Women’s HydraHyde Water Resistant Work, Gardening Gloves Review
These dedicated gardening gloves are perfect for women’s hands, and suitable for all types of gardening work. You can use them for digging, weeding, pruning bushes, harvesting vegetables – and even the less fun jobs too, like tossing compost and removing slugs.
- Water resistant leather. You can easily keep your hands dry, even when you’re weeding in the rain or picking plants that are covered in dew. Water simply beads on the leather sections without sinking in, so the leather stays soft and pliable.
- Adjustable wrist closure. The velcro closure makes it easy to make these gloves fit whatever size wrist you have, and also prevents dirt and debris from slipping inside your gloves.
- High quality cowhide palm. Leather is strong and durable,so having a good leather palm means you can easily grip things without worrying that they’re going to split.
- Reinforced fingertips. Some gloves tend to split over the fingers, but these have avoided this problem by adding some more protection over the most often damaged areas.
- They are not suitable for really hard work. These are great gardening gloves, but may not stand up to a lot of prolonged heavy farming work.
When you’re gardening, especially if it’s a part time thing and you’re not used to being scratched and covered in mud, it’s important to keep your hands protected. These gloves will save you from stings and prickles, and keep your hands clean and dry too.
3. Men’s Leather Work Gloves With Adjustable Wrist Review
These are some seriously heavy duty gloves, designed for hard work, and will protect your hands from pretty much anything. They’re perfect for someone who needs a very strong glove, but one that is also a plain, simple design.
- 100% quality cowhide. The strong, hard wearing leather that makes up the construction of these gloves is resistant to wear, and is also highly protective to the hands and will prevent damage.
- Adjustable wrist for easy sizing. The clever strap on the bottom of the wrist will help you adjust the size of these gloves to suit you, and there is the added bonus that it will stop dirt and dust getting inside your gloves.
- Ergonomic thumb design. The keystone thumb style is stitched separately into the palm, which allows flexibility and dexterity of the hands.
- Reinforced in commonly used areas. The glove has an extra layer of protection over the areas that receive the most traffic – namely the palm. This means that the gloves will have a better lifespan.
- They take a while to wear in. Because leather is such a strong material, sometimes it can be a little stiff to wear at first. You should be able to get around this quickly however.
A great pair of work gloves which will stand up to just about anything you can throw at them, these will protect your hands from potential damage while you’re working, and they are completely waterproof, so no more cold wet fingers.
The best gloves for farm work should be able to stand up to hard work, allow you to move your hands freely, and generally make your farm work much easier. Hopefully you now have a little more idea of the sort of thing you are looking for!