Metal detecting is a great fun hobby, and also a very practical one, part of your regular farm maintenance. If you have lost nails, screws or other metal items in the mud then you need to be able to find them – especially if you are making sure that livestock don’t step on them and hurt themselves or accidentally swallow them.
Of course, there is the other thought, that you might unearth buried treasure with your metal detector! Farm land is often an untapped well of interesting finds, so if you are interested in looking at what lies beneath the surface of your soil then a metal detector is your best bet.
What You'll Learn Today
- 1 Best Metal Detector For Farm Fields: Reviews
- 1.1 1. Garrett 1140900 Pro-Pointer AT Waterproof Pinpointing Metal Detector Review
- 1.2 2. Minelab 3720-0002 Equinox 800 Metal Detector Review
- 1.3 3. Bounty Hunter TK4 Tracker IV Metal Detector Review
- 2 Conclusion
Best Metal Detector For Farm Fields: Reviews
If you are looking for the best metal detector for farm fields, then we’ve got you covered with our selections:
|Garrett 1140900 Pro-Pointer
A handy, pocket metal detector at a good price.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE|
|Minelab 3720-0002 Equinox 800
A serious, premium metal detector.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE|
|TOP PICK: Bounty Hunter TK4 Tracker
A quality metal detector for farm fields.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE|
1. Garrett 1140900 Pro-Pointer AT Waterproof Pinpointing Metal Detector Review
This little pocket detector is perfect for taking around the place with you, and whipping out whenever you think you may have hit upon a treasure trove (or when you are looking for those screws you lost last week!)
- Fully waterproof up to 10 feet. You can drop this detector in a puddle and it won’t get damaged – in fact it will be fine falling into a pond of up to 10 feet deep.
- Brightly colored, so easy to find.If you drop this somewhere in a field, you won’t have to worry about losing it forever – it is a bright orange color so you will be able to spot it from miles off.
- Easy to retune. One simple button will remove the interference of the surrounding environment, so you can narrow down your detection field and precisely pinpoint larger areas.
- Highly sensitive for the pinpointing of small targets. This detector won’t just pick up large items; it is a sensitive gadget and so will pick up signals from even small objects, meaning that you can use it to pick up the smallest of interesting fragments.
- Not salt water proof. Although this model is waterproof, it is not resistant to seawater, so if you drop it in the ocean it may stop working, due to the salt water corroding the parts. I guess that’s not an issue for most farm owners anyway.
An incredibly handy metal detector, that you can carry around with you wherever you go, to discover buried treasure, lost coins, or just that pair of pliers that you lost in the mud a month ago.
2. Minelab 3720-0002 Equinox 800 Metal Detector Review
This is a serious metal detector, for the dedicated hobbyist or someone who is convinced there is a Roman fort under their farm – or just someone who loses a lot of metal items under the mud!
- Incredibly light and easy to carry around. Weighing in at under 3lbs, this detector won’t strain your arms as you carry it around searching for lost treasure.
- Waterproof to large depths. This model is fully submersible, making it ideal for use around waterways around your farm. It won’t work as an undersea detector, but you don’t have to worry about it getting a bit soggy.
- It comes with accessories. With this detector you will receive wireless headphones, a wireless audio module, a USB charging cable and a charging cable for your headphones.
- Clear tones telling you where to dig. You won’t miss a trick with this detector, as it can direct you to where it is worth getting your shovel out, with no false signals making you waste your time.
- There is no grip on the neck. A smooth hand hold is all very well, but it can strain your arm muscles if you keep holding on to it non stop for hours on end, with no other grip to give your fingers a break.
This is an incredibly sophisticated detector, that can help you pinpoint even tiny nuggets of metal beneath the earth’s surface and help you find even deeply buried items without wasting any time making you think something is there when it isn’t.
3. Bounty Hunter TK4 Tracker IV Metal Detector Review
This smooth, classy looking metal detector will help you unearth all sorts of things around your farm – from buried treasure to lost metal parts, and even loose change!
- Rugged, hard working and hard wearing. You want a durable metal detector when you are using it on the farm, and this one will withstand most hard knocks and potential damage.
- It has a discrimination control. You can set this detector to search for what you want to, and ignore what you don’t, with the clever technology that allows you to just target what you’re looking for and ignore the rest.
- Easy to use interface. The control knobs are simple to read, easy to understand and it has an easy to read face so that you can set exactly what you’re looking for. It is an LED screen, so it will be bright enough to read even in the dark.
- Completely waterproof and submersible. You can use this detector to search for buried treasure in puddles, streams and even deeper water, and be safe in the knowledge that it will still work just fine.
- Depth finder can be variable. Some users report finding items at more than a foot of depth, while others say that the depth finder does not work as accurately as it should, and that the model struggle beyond six inches.
A quality metal detector that will be a great addition to your farm equipment, and can help you find all sorts of lost and forgotten items, and bring them to the surface.
A metal detector is a great addition to any farm worker’s tool kit, next to the tools such as stick welders or chainsaws. They are great for finding lost metal equipment, as well as for finding buried treasure!
What have you go to lose? Maybe an entire haul of Roman coins – or even just that spanner set you lost in the mud a while back…