A fresh coat of paint is not only attractive, but it can also really help machinery to last longer. Rust cannot penetrate the surface of the metal if it is covered with paint, especially rust proof paint which is extra suitable for machinery that has to be out and about in all weathers, and often covered in mud!
The best paint for rusty farm equipment will offer good protection for the metal it is covering, at the same time as offering a good chance that rust will not recur. If you’re serious about your machinery maintenance, you definitely need to buy some.
What You'll Learn Today
Best Paint For Rusty Farm Equipment: Reviews
Have a look through our chosen products, so you don’t have to spend hours searching the internet for your best paint match.
|TOP PICK: SPOR-15 SEMI-Gloss Rust Paint
A great, convenient paint that can be applied on rust.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE
|Rust-Oleum 7466830 Spray Paint
An easy to use, simple to apply paint to prevent rust.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE
|Krylon, Yellow Paint
An ideal paint to spruce up John Deere equipment.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE
1. POR-15 SEMI-Gloss Black Rust Paint4 Quart Kit Review
This is an exceptionally convenient paint for rusty metal; plus it is made from the highest quality materials that will do the job it’s meant to do.
- No need to remove rust. Unlike most paints for rusty metals, you can apply this paint straight onto your rusty material, without the need to remove the rust or clean the area first. This makes it an incredibly easy and convenient solution to rust problems.
- Dries to an incredible hardness. This paint, when dried, creates a hard, non porous exterior finish that will not peel, crack or chip. This is an excellent protection for the metal.
- Prevents the recurrence of rust. Because this paint has such a strong, hard finish, it can prevent rust from spreading by completely preventing any moisture from coming into contact with the metal.
- Ideal for any metal. You can use this paint for literally any rusted metal surface you have, and it will offer the same great protection. It will not react with any metal, and it will cover all surfaces with the same even coverage.
- The paint is sensitive to UV light. The areas exposed to the sun will need to be top coated to prevent them becoming damaged or degraded.
A great paint for rusty farm material, especially because of the fact that you don’t have to remove the rust first – just let the paint do the work for you! The fact that it prevents against further rust is another massive bonus.
2. Rust-Oleum 7466830 Specialty Farm Equipment Spray Paint Review
This paint comes in a handy spray can, which is easy to carry about in the back of a van or a tractor for when it is needed. The spray nozzle also makes it very easy to apply.
- Great long lasting protection. Made from heavy duty enamel, this paint will offer a protective coating and resist against damage and chips. This is excellent news for farm equipment which is subject to a lot of hard knocks.
- Excellent color retention. This paint will keep its color well, even after a few years of sunlight and the effects of the elements. It will look as good as new for as long as you can keep from damaging it with bumps and scrapes!
- Quick drying formula. This paint will dry solid within 24 hours or less – obviously warm weather will help speed up the process, but the quick drying means that you can use the painted section quicker than with some other paints.
- Easy to apply. The spray can action makes applying this paint extremely easy ad simple, and it is possible to get a really even, smooth covering (and applying it might even be fun!)
- Paint match may not be the best. Some users have reported trying to paint match to their original colors but have struggled to find an exact match without a slight difference in the color tone.
An easy to use, simple to apply paint, that will make the whole of your farm fleet look like new again. Ideal for preventing the ingress of rust, and therefore making your equipment last longer.
3. Krylon, Yellow, 12 Oz Review
This high quality paint is easy to apply and a great color match for your yellow items (or to add a splash of color to an entirely different shade of machinery, if you like that sort of patchwork effect!)
- Resistant to weather and chemicals. Very little can damage this paint, once it is applied and dried on, so you don’t have to worry about the sun bleaching it or the odd spill of something corrosive touching it.
- Very fast drying. You can touch this paint without getting sticky fingers within 15 minutes, and you can handle it within just one hour. This means that you can do your repairs, then get back on the job quickly.
- Factory like colors. This yellow matches all generic John Deere colors, and you can be sure that it will match it as close to the factory colors as is possible.
- High gloss finish. There’s nothing worse than touching up a piece of metal, and matching the color perfectly, only to find that the finish is different. This one offers a quality gloss finish that will make your parts seem like new.
- Just one can for the price. Some paints offer more than one when you buy them, which is handy if you are doing a big job – this one comes as a single unit, which means you will need to buy more than one for a large repainting job.
This is the ideal paint for those wanting to spruce up John Deere equipment – or even those wanting to add a rust proofing paint to a different colored item. The paint is high quality, glossy and prevents against damage, making it ideal for those last minute farm fixes.
The best paint for rusty farm equipment is one that will protect against further rust on metal, as well as covering up existing patches. A paint that is fast drying is a bonus, as is one that means you don’t have to clear off old rust first. The paint must be strong and durable – as all these products are. We hope you’ve found what you are looking for!
And if you’re wondering what else you may need for your machinery maintenance, have a look at this list of farm jacks.