There is very little that is worse than going out to check the stock, fix some equipment, or perform any of the many jobs that farming entails, whilst the weather is awful and you’re getting soaked to the skin. If you are heading into winter, or if it is a particularly soggy year, you’re going to want to have a look at the best rain gear for farming.
What You'll Learn Today
Best Rain Gear For Farming: Reviews
It can be tricky to know what you want, and what is the most suitable thing you can get, so we have taken the hard work out of the search for you and have discovered some great choices for your farming rain clothes.
|TOP PICK: Terra Hiker Waterproof Rain Ponchos|
A very useful, light poncho that keeps your arms free.
|Men’s Long Raincoat Waterproof|
A waterproof raincoat that is extra long.
|Arcturus Lightweight Ripstop Nylon Rain Poncho|
A great poncho that will make you blend in.
1. Terra Hiker Waterproof Rain Ponchos REVIEW
A fantastic rain covering poncho, this one will keep you warm and dry even in the wettest of wet weather.
- Strengthened waterproof construction. This poncho is made from high quality polyester fibre, and it features PU3000MM waterproofing. The seams are also sealed, which means no rain can sneak in through the gaps.
- Adjustable hood to keep the rain off your face. The hood on this poncho has a drawstring, which means that you can tighten it so that the rain stays off your face and out of your eyes.
- Perfect for carrying things underneath. The back of this poncho is extra large, so you can easily fit a backpack or rucksack underneath to carry your tools, lunch, phone or other useful things.
- Versatile and can be used as more than a coat. This poncho can double up as a mat to sit on, and can even be used as a tent, thanks to the eyelets that will take a tent pole (these are not included however).
- It doesn’t cover the arms in the same way as a coat does. If you are using this poncho to keep off the drizzle then it is great, but for heavy, driving rain you may wish to purchase a covering with sleeves.
A very useful poncho which is ideal for keeping the rain off your clothes and your face, this one is a great addition to your clothing list. It is also light and very easy to just toss into a rucksack!
2. Men’s Long Raincoat Waterproof REVIEW
This raincoat is not only waterproof but it is also very long, meaning that the rain drops will not bother any part of you, from head to toes.
- Fully waterproof and ideal for really wet weather. This is a serious rain coat, for serious rain! It will keep all of you dry, from the top to the bottom, and even in a heavy downpour, you won’t start to get wet through it.
- Reflective tape section for visibility. When you are working around the farm or with a team, it can be really useful to be able to be seen – the reflective section will make you stand out when you need to be spotted from afar.
- Made from high quality materials. High density polyester and a strong waterproof rating of PU5000MM means that this raincoat is just about as waterproof as it can get – and it will keep you warm too!
- Lightweight enough to wear all day. This coat is not heavy, so you can comfortably wear it over your clothes and keep yourself dry and warm, without adding any weight to your ensemble. It is also really easy to carry around with you.
- Hand wash only. This coat must be treated with care, so it is not recommended to throw it in the washing machine with your other things – this makes it a bit more of a tricky item to take care of, especially if it has been covered with farm grime!
A perfect raincoat for those who want to keep really warm and dry in bad weather; this one will be super useful when trekking about the farm in a downpour.
3. Arcturus Lightweight Ripstop Nylon Rain Poncho REVIEW
For those that love camouflage, this poncho is perfection! It will keep you dry, as well as not making you stick out like a sore thumb in the field.
- Super lightweight and portable. With a weight of only 11oz, this poncho is easy to carry about with you, and can be packed down into an 8”x4” bag (which is included with the poncho) so it can be kept safe and dry.
- Heavy duty and waterproof. Made from Ripstop nylon and coated with two layers of Polyurethane, this poncho will stand up to hard wear and abuse, while still maintaining its waterproof state.
- Can be used as a shelter. This poncho opens up to 4.5x8ft, which means that it can be used as a lean to shelter to keep dry under, or as a tarp to cover up loads on a trailer.
- Long enough to keep you fully dry. Unlike some ponchos which are a little on the short side, this one will come down past your knees even if you are 6ft tall! This is ideal for when you want to keep your whole body dry.
- The storage bag is not the best quality. Some users have reported that the bag used to store the poncho is not as strong as the poncho itself, and it can rip with too much hard work.
A great poncho which will make you stand out (or, more accurately, blend in!) this one is waterproof enough to keep you completely dry and protected from the worst of the weather.
Whether you need a full coverage rain coat for the long rainier months, or a poncho to stop the drizzle, or a multi functional coat that can turn into a camping tent or load covering tarpaulin, we have got you covered!
Have a look through our lists and you are sure to find the perfect wet weather partner to keep you dry around the farm in the wetter months. For more suggestions and recommendations for farm clothes, check out this guide.