Feet are a very important part of the body – but also a somewhat neglected part. Without your feet you would no longer be able to walk around, climb hills and drive tractors – just a few of the things you do on a farm. Because feet are so important, you need to look after them well. You’ve got the best boots and trousers, now you need the best socks. Good socks will protect your feet from blisters, and the best ones will even help your feet stay cool and dry.
Having comfortable clothes and footwear, when you’re working very hard, is very important. If your feet are comfortable, you can keep going all day and get those jobs done and end the day on a satisfied note. What do you feel is most important in the best socks for farm work? Is it that they are cushioned so your feet are protected? Or are you more interested in the moisture wicking properties? Is your most important criteria that the socks are made from natural materials?
What You'll Learn Today
- 1 Best Socks For Farm Work: Reviews
- 1.1 1. Merino Wool Hiking & Walking Socks Review
- 1.2 2. Dickies Dri-Tech Moisture Control Crew Socks Review
- 1.3 3. Pembrook All Season Crew Boot Socks Review
- 2 Conclusion
Best Socks For Farm Work: Reviews
We have found the three best socks for farm work for you to choose from.
|Merino Wool Hiking & Walking Socks
Socks made from the finest natural materials.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE|
|TOP PICK: Dickies Moisture Control Socks
A convenient pack of working socks from a good brand.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE|
|Pembrook All Season Crew Boot Socks
Good, strong socks with tighter than usual tops.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE|
1. Merino Wool Hiking & Walking Socks Review
These are some quality socks, suitable for those who like their socks made from the finest natural materials. They are designed to keep your feet warm, dry, comfortable – and blister free!
- Unisex and suitable for adults and children. You don’t have to buy separate socks for all the family; these socks can be worn by just about any member of your household (they are not recommended for the family dog, however!)
- Recommended by a professional mountaineer. As you can imagine, a mountaineer’s feet take a lot of hard work, so they will definitely know which socks are the best. Rasmus Kragh has tested these socks and recommended them, so you can be sure you can work all day in them.
- Merino wool construction. This natural wool is able to keep your feet warm in the coldest times of the year, at the same time as preventing them from sweating during the hottest.
- Cushioning and padding for comfort. These socks will protect your feet from blisters, as well as preventing jarring and aching feet.
- Cannot be tumble dried. If you are one of those people that machine dries everything, these socks are not for you – the natural fibers do not respond well to a tumble dryer.
A great pair of socks for farm work, these will keep your feet cushioned and comfortable, as well as warm and toasty in the winter and fresh in the summer.
2. Dickies Dri-Tech Moisture Control Crew Socks Review
These socks are made by a company that specializes in work clothes, so you can be sure that these socks will stand up to farm work. They are men’s fit, so come in larger sizes.
- Offers arch support. The arch is one of the areas on a foot that can end up sore at the end of the day, so having a good stable arch support is a must in a working sock.
- Reinforced at the heel and toe. These are the two areas which usually develop holes before the rest of the sock, as these are the areas that are in most contact with the shoe. These socks are reinforced in these areas, meaning that they should last for a long time.
- Ventilation channels for air flow. As we all know, spending hours in a pair of socks can make your feet less than fragrant! These socks offer a good amount of air flow over the foot, meaning that odors will be reduced.
- They come as a multipack. This is a very handy feature, because you can just bulk buy all your socks for the year at once, and never have to worry about running out (unless you forget to put them in the washing machine, that is!)
- May not be suitable for winter work. These socks are quite light, and as such you may want to buy some thicker ones if you are working in the cold.
A convenient pack of working socks, that will keep your feet protected and cushioned, and that you can work in all day without getting too sweaty. What more could you want in a farm sock?
3. Pembrook All Season Crew Boot Socks Review
These socks are shorter than some others, making them ideal for people who like to have a sock that stops below mid calf. They are high quality and very versatile, and come in a pack of four for added convenience.
- A blend of high performance fibers. These socks are made of a mixture of fabrics using Cotton, synthetic fibers and Elastic, meaning that they will be comfortable and long lasting.
- Available in men and women’s styles. If you fall in love with these socks, you can buy the equivalent for your partner too. That’s Christmas sorted then! There is also a variety of sizes in the different styles too.
- Versatile and suitable for all types of work. Whether your farm work involves walking for hours, riding, or operating large machinery, these socks will stand up to any amount of hard work.
- Reinforced areas for longevity. These socks have a reinforced heel and toe – two areas which usually let socks down by sprouting holes. This means that this pair is likely to last much longer than many others.
- They can be a little tight. Because these socks are designed to cushion your foot, if you are used to wearing standard socks then you might find the tightness a little hard to get used to.
These are good, strong socks that will be your new best friends for any type of farm work. The tighter than usual tops mean that you won’t have to spend all day pulling them up!
Socks are important. They protect your feet against blisters and aches during a long day on the farm, and as such it really pays to buy the best socks. We have searched the internet and found the best socks for farm work that money can buy – we hope you like them!