A farm is a big place, and unlike a house, you cannot simply shout from room to room and expect to be heard. Mobile signal is not always great in remote areas, so how do you stay in touch on the farm? You use the best two way radio for farm use, of course! These handy little gadgets are small enough to be carried about in a pocket or rucksack, and they will make communicating between people who are far apart much easier. It’s an important part of farm safety if you ask me. If there is a fire, or any other emergency, you need to be able to communicate quickly.
You can find two way radios with a large area of connectivity, so that they will work even miles apart, or you may be happy with one that doesn’t have to stretch so far. Some two way radios allow two or more people to communicate on the same frequency, so if you have a large team then this may be your best bet. Rugged two way radios or walkies-talkies are especially suited to farm work, in case of accidental knocks and damage.
What You'll Learn Today
- 1 Best Two Way Radio For Farm Use: Reviews
- 1.1 1. Arcshell Rechargeable Long Range Two Way Radios Review
- 1.2 2. Kenwood TK-3402U16P ProTalk 5 Watt Two-Way Radio UHF Review
- 1.3 3. Motorola Talkabout T265 Rechargeable Two-Way Radio Review
- 2 Conclusion
Best Two Way Radio For Farm Use: Reviews
Have a look through our top three, and we’re sure that you’ll find the right one for you.
Two Way Radios
|TOP PICK: Arcshell Long Range
A four pack of reliable two way radios with a long range.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE|
|Kenwood TK-3402U16P ProTalk 5
A really serious, premium two way radio.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE|
|Motorola Talkabout T265
Rugged, strong and easy to use radios from a known brand.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE|
1. Arcshell Rechargeable Long Range Two Way Radios Review
These two way radios are perfect for those who want to talk to more than one other person. It’s a four pack, so you can talk to other farm users, and each one is small enough to just slip into a pocket.
- Separate charging dock for each radio. Every one of this four pack has its own charging port, which is ideal for when you have several people who need to talk and who are all in different places.
- Will still work when one user is inside a building. UHF waves can penetrate wood, steel and concrete, making these radios ideal for the farm, where you may need to contact someone who is in a barn or a building.
- Built in speaker for clarity. You will be able to hear who you’re talking to crystal clear using this radio, with the built in mic. There is also a single earbud earpiece included, if you need to listen quietly.
- Suitable for hard work. These radios are rugged, well made, and even waterproof. This makes them ideal for work on the farm, where bumps and bangs are regular, and water troughs are around every corner.
- Occasional frequency interference. You may sometimes be able to hear other people’s conversations using this radio, which is not great if you want to listen to a specific person (but maybe great if you want to sneakily hear some gossip!)
A fantastic addition to your farm radio arsenal, this one is perfect for farms where there are multiple workers who may be spread out. The range is good, although as with most radios this will be reduced if you use them around large hills.
2. Kenwood TK-3402U16P ProTalk 5 Watt Two-Way Radio UHF Review
This slick little two way radio is perfect for people who need to talk on the farm a long way away – the range on this device is around seven miles.
- Suitable for outdoors in all weathers. This radio will still work just as well at -30 degrees as it does at +60 degrees, and its frequency stability will remain. It is also water and dust resistant.
- Very fast battery charger. Although this radio will need charging up, it will do so quickly enough that you won’t have to wait long to use it again – and it’s very easy to charge; simply drop it into its cradle.
- Small and easy to fit in a hand or pocket. These are convenient and light to carry around with you, and comfortable enough to fit in your pocket, bag or rucksack.
- 16 channels. This radio has 16 channels, each offering excellent audio quality and 5 watts of power.
- It’s an expensive option. This radio is a bit more pricey than some other radios out there. If you are looking for a great investment into your farm communication solutions then this is the one for you, if you want a cheaper solution then this is maybe not the best bet.
A really serious two way radio for those who need to communicate over long distances, this one is a useful addition to your farm security.
3. Motorola Talkabout T265 Rechargeable Two-Way Radio Review
These cheerful two way radios are functional, helpful for communicating on the farm, and as an added bonus they are brightly coloured so that you will find them when they fall in the mud! They also have a very impressive range, making them suitable for large farms.
- 25 mile range. This radio is perfect for the larger farm, as you can communicate with people a very long way away. This range may be reduced if there are big hills or large buildings in the way, but in general you can communicate over some serious distance with this radio.
- Excellent battery life. You can use these radios with their rechargeable batteries, or you can use 3 AA batteries – this charge will last for up to 29 hours. Alternatively, you can charge them up using a USB cable.
- Lots of channels. This radio has 22 channels and 121 privacy codes, which adds up to over 2,500 combinations. This means that you will always be able to find a channel.
- Hands free features. When you’re patrolling the farm, there may be times when you need to talk to people while having your hands free – this radio allows you to talk to who you need to without actually picking up the radio.
- Battery life could be longer. If you’re out and about for a long day or two on the farm, you may find that your radios need to be charged up sooner than you would like.
A fantastic pair of two way radios that you can use to talk to someone miles away. They’re very suitable for farm work, being rugged and strong and easy to use.
The best two way radio for farm use will help make your life so much easier when you need to talk to someone. Need a spare tarpaulin brought? No problem! Your welly has sprung a leak in the middle of the stream? Call for back up! This, and so many other necessary communications can be made though a two way radio. We hope you enjoy our top three picks!