Plucking chickens is not the most fun job, is it? It’s harder than you might imagine, and it can make your fingers really sore after even just a few birds.
If only there was some sort of machine to help you do it… Well, guess what – there is! If you’re looking for the best chicken plucker for the money, you’ve come to the right place – we have identified three of the best products on the market today.
When you are shopping for a chicken plucker, you are looking for something which does the job well, and with efficiency. You will need something that can cope with lots of birds, especially if you have a large chicken business, and it needs to not cost you an arm and a leg.
What You'll Learn Today
Chicken Pluckers (My Favorites)
Have a browse through our list, and hopefully you’ll find just what you are looking for!
- SPECS; Our Heavy Duty Chicken Plucker De-Feather Poultry and Fowl Processor utilizes a 1HP 120VAC 800W 280RPM Planetary Gear Transmission Reduction Motor; 92 soft fingers, large 20" inch dia. drum,...
- ADVANCE DESIGN; Our Plucker has a robust compact design for easy storage and transportation, including 2 wheels for optimal maneuverability; Built of premium safe and sanitary 403 Brushed Stainless...
- PROFESSIONAL CAPABILITIES; Our powerful, reliable Fowl and Poultry Feather Plucker has a durable structure, capable of 2-4 birds at one time in just 15-30 seconds per foul (that's 3-4 in under 2...
- SAFETY; We recommend to always use eye and hand protection; We use an Overcurrent Protector GFCI Connector switch, with a waterproof IP54 weather-resistant electrical housing for optimal safety;...
- POWERFUL AND EFFICIENT PROCESSING: With a heavy duty 1.5 HP motor and 300 RPMs of spinning force, Yardbird can de-feather chickens, ducks, geese, hens, waterfowl and other birds in just 15-30 seconds...
- NATURAL AND SAFE DEFEATHERING: 110 individual rubber fingers naturally and gently remove feathers dirt and grime from the skin of the bird. A drum-sensing safety switch and GFCI ensure that the...
- SIMPLE DEBRIS COLLECTION: An integrated irrigation ring with standard garden hose connector allows for hands-free flushing of plucked feathers into the feather chute. Feather collection is...
- EASY TO CLEAN & MAINTAIN: A removable stainless steel, food-grade, drum along with a gear-drive commercial-grade motor encased in a specialized waterproof motor housing make for easy cleaning and...
- Efficient Defeathering: Power: 1500W; Motor Speed: 275 RPM; Tub's Diameter: 20"; Capacity: 2-4 Chickens a Time; Barrel Thickness: 0.02"; Panels Thickness 0.01". The chicken plucker can finish...
- Premium Features for Premium Results: This chicken plucking machine is made of high-quality 430 stainless. Features excellent water resistance and rust resistance for long-term use. It comes with 106...
- Convenient Operation: Just grab a garden hose, turn on the feather plucker, add a chicken, spray water into the drum, and a few seconds later you will get a perfectly plucked chicken. The water-proof...
- Complete Mobility: Four rubber wheels and two handles provide optimal maneuverability, so you can move the poultry plucker to wherever you like. The compact construction ensures easy storage and...
1. Kitchener Chicken Plucker Review
This compact, lightweight chicken plucker will improve your plucking capabilities enormously; you can take it about with you and use it to efficiently pluck several birds at once.
- Made from strong materials which are easy to clean. You will always want your plucker to be hygienic, and the stainless steel construction of this one makes it highly resistant to germs – as long as you clean it well and scald it after use.
- Capable of plucking multiple birds at a time. You can de feather 2-4 birds at a time, in less than 30 seconds. This is great if you have a lot of birds to pluck and limited time to pluck them in; it will save you a lot of time.
- Can be moved around easily. This plucker has a compact design and is not too heavy, so you can take it out and about with you, or lend it to friends. Also, it has two wheels so it can be easily moved around with very little effort – you don’t even have to carry it!
- Removes even the smallest feathers. The little tricky feathers, the pin feathers, can be hard for some pluckers to remove – this one will do this easily and efficiently, thanks to its multiple “fingers”. The feathers will be removed but the skin will stay intact – exactly what you want!
- Works better with multiple birds. If you are plucking one bird at a time, there is a risk of the bird getting stuck, the little feathers not being removed and the skin being torn in places.
This chicken plucker is ideal for those who need to pluck and process large numbers of chickens at one time, and need to do it quickly and efficiently.
2. Yardbird 21833 Chicken Plucker Review
This powerful plucker is great for removing the feathers from chickens, as well as other birds such as ducks, geese and water birds.
- Heavy duty construction and strong motor. This is a highly efficient plucker, with a 1.5HP motor and a sizeable drum, so it can easily deal with pretty much any bird you throw into it.
- Easy to clean. Keeping your plucker clean is essential. This one is made from stainless steel, which will prevent any grime and debris getting stuck to it, plus it is also very strong and durable so should last a long time.
- Compact size for ease of transport and storage. You can keep this little plucker in the corner of your kitchen or shed, and use the attached wheels to roll it from place to place. Wheeling it about will save your back too!
- Very quick plucking. When you’re pushed for time, you want a plucker that will remove feathers quickly! This one will de feather a bird in less than 30 seconds, making it highly efficient.
- Water can get into the motor. If this unit arrives missing screws, as several purchasers have reported, then water can leak into the motor and cause corrosion that will eventually kill it completely.
This sturdy little plucker will make smooth, easy work of all your chickens that need to be plucked – and it will do it very quickly, as an added bonus!
3. VEVOR Stainless Steel Chicken Plucker Review
This is a sleek, seriously heavy duty chicken plucker. Designed for multiple birds at one time, the VEVOR will make short work of all your plucking needs.
- High quality materials used in construction. Stainless steel is the ideal material for a chicken plucker – it is easy to keep clean and totally resistant to rust, giving it a good long lifespan.
- Can take multiple chickens. As many as four birds at a time can be plucked all at once inside this roomy plucking drum, meaning that this is a highly efficient plucker..
- Easy and convenient to use. All you need is a garden hose to add water to the drum and away you go! No fiddly settings to mess with either; just a simple “on / off” button. This button is also waterproof, so danger of water getting in and damaging it.
- Large feather discharge exit. Getting rid of the feathers quickly will prevent clogging of the chute, so the large exit hole on this plucker is ideal for keeping everything running smoothly.
- Not suitable for bigger birds. This machine is designed for chickens and smaller birds, so throwing a massive turkey in it can cause it some serious problems, and may even break it in the long run.
A good, sturdy chicken plucker that will make your plucking life much easier, this one is ideal for a home, a small business or even an abattoir.
Chicken plucking can be a hard, messy business – if you do it manually, that is. Using a machine to do it for you increases the amount of birds you can get through – and it will definitely save your fingers!
Hopefully we have provided you with a good selection of the best chicken plucker for the money so that you can choose the best one for you and your chicken farm.