Fire can be a terrifying, destructive agent – especially on a farm, where there are lots of flammable materials, fuel, and wooden buildings. It is very important that you have a fire extinguisher on hand in just about any work place or home – and this is arguably even more important on a farm, which has so much scope for large scale destruction and loss of life and income. So what is the best fire extinguisher for farm that you can possibly buy?
You may be looking for several small extinguishers that you can dot about the place so that there is always one available for when you need it, or you may prefer to invest in a large, heavy duty one that can sit in the most fire prone areas. Are you looking for a chemical fire extinguisher or a water one? As part of the farm security, it is usually better to have both, at least in my experience.
What You'll Learn Today
- Best Fire Extinguisher For Farm: Reviews
Best Fire Extinguisher For Farm: Reviews
Whatever your fire quenching needs we have you covered, with our pick of the three best fire extinguisher for farm that are out there. Read on, pick your favorite, and set your mind at rest.
|Indian Stainless Steel Fire Smith Pump
A high quality water pump with a vintage look.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE
|TOP PICK: Amerex Dry Chemical Class A B C
A must-have for oils and other flammable liquids.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE
|Amerex Water Class A
A great pair of water fire extinguishers for Class A fires.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE
1. Indian 179015-17 90S Stainless Steel Fire Smith Pump Review
This is ideal for people who are keeping an extinguisher around to be safe, but are not expecting large wildfires. It uses water to put out fires rather than chemicals, and it has a pump action.
- Dual nozzle for easily changing the water spray. You can quickly and easily change this extinguisher from squirting out a jet of water, to a more spread out spray for larger areas. And you can do this quickly, and without needing any tools!
- 5 gallon stainless steel tank. This is a large enough capacity to put out a small fire, and the fact that the tank is stainless steel is a big bonus – it won’t rust and should last you for years.
- High quality pump. This pump, which is almost guaranteed not to bind, is made by a trusted manufacturer, meaning that it does the job well. It can spray water right into the top of trees, without you getting tired from the pumping.
- Built in lumbar support. If you have to use extinguishers for a long period, your back can get tired, so it’s good to find a model that offers you support.
- Can be tiring. A pump action fire extinguisher is never going to be as simple as a pressurized one. But hopefully you won’t have to be using a fire extinguisher for long periods of time!
This is a vintage looking item, but one that is still very much used in this day and age, because it is efficient and easy to use. You may also prefer to use a water extinguisher rather than a chemical one if your fires are anywhere near livestock or crops.
2. Amerex A411, 20lb ABC Dry Chemical Class A B C Fire Extinguisher
This is the sort of fire extinguisher you see on the walls of just about any building – and for good reason! It is suitable for fires that water cannot put out, like live electrical fires or oil spills.
- Uses dry chemicals. For those who need more than just water to put out fires, this is the extinguisher for you. It is effective for Class A, B and C fires, making it very versatile.
- Easy to use. You may be put off one of these fire extinguishers because they look complicated to operate in an emergency, but this one is as simple as pull out the pin, point the nozzle and squeeze the handles!
- All metal construction. This is a sturdy piece of kit. You can be absolutely certain that it won’t get damaged or broken, even if you accidentally drop it (though we really don’t recommend this!)
- Includes wall bracket. You can easily install this extinguisher anywhere you like; it comes with its own dedicated wall bracket so that you can hang it safely. The brackets are also made of strong metal.
- It’s heavy. At 38 pounds, this is not an extinguisher you want to have to carry far! Best to site it in an accessible place, as close as possible to the fire danger area.
A classic fire extinguisher, this is one that you should definitely have around the farm, especially if you work with oils and other flammable liquids.
3. Amerex 240, 2.5 Gallon Water Class A Fire Extinguisher Review
This is a great one for if you like to use a water extinguisher, but you like a pressurized spray rather than a pump action. With this extinguisher, you are buying the empty container which you then fill with water and pressurize, just so you know!
- Uses water. There may be areas on your farm that you don’t want to use chemicals, such as where livestock eat, so a water extinguisher really is better in these cases.
- Sprays up to 55 feet. If you don’t want to get too close to a fire, or if it’s high in a tree or otherwise inaccessible, you can still put it out with this extinguisher. This pressure and water capacity will last 55 seconds before it needs to be refilled.
- Comes as a two pack. This is extra convenient if you are looking for a few extinguishers at once, for different parts of the farm.
- Quality construction. The tank is made of strong stainless steel, so you know that it won’t rust or leak. The attachments and hose are also made of strong, durable material, and there is a handy pressure gauge so you can see how much you are filling the tank.
- Limited to Class A fires. This is a great extinguisher for putting out Class As, but you won’t be able to use it on electrical or chemical fires.
A great pair of fire extinguishers, that are easy and cheap to refill at home, making them a great investment because you won’t need to keep buying replacements!
A fire extinguisher is a must, just about anywhere you live or work. If you work on a farm it’s almost more important, because there are so many things that can so easily burn and cause damaging fires. There are other important tools that you need for your farm safety (e.g. backup generator, etc), but a good fire extinguisher should be on the top of your list.
Have a look around and find the best fire extinguisher for farm, and you’ll be able to sleep much better knowing your safety measures have been taken care of.