Chainsaws and farm maintenance go together. You will often find yourself in a position where you need to chop up fallen trees, or cut firewood, and you need a good chainsaw to do this. The best chainsaws are hard working, strong and rugged, and for a farm chainsaw you also need it to be lightweight so you can carry it around easily – or at least not have it add too much weight to the back of your truck.
We have selected a few of the best chainsaw for farm use that you can find, so you don’t have to trawl through the listings yourself. One is a gas chainsaw (realizing that not everyone has access to electricity on their farm) and the other two are cordless, battery operated chainsaws.
What You'll Learn Today
Best Chainsaw For Farm Use: Reviews
|TOP PICK: Echo CS-400 18”Gas Chainsaw
A great, lightweight, portable, gas chainsaw.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE|
|Black+Decker 20V Max Cordless Chainsaw
A great little cordless chainsaw for farm work.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE|
|Greenworks 12 Inch 40V Cordless Chainsaw
A high quality, robust, 12 inch cordless chainsaw.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE|
1. Echo CS-400 18”Gas Chainsaw Review
This professional chainsaw is ideal for farm work, being both small and portable as well as strong and efficient. It is easy to use and suitable for beginners as well as the experienced chainsaw operator.
- Takes less effort to start than most. Some chainsaws you can spend seemingly hours pulling at the cord trying to get it to start. This one has an i-30 starting system to reduce effort and make starting it faster.
- Engine oil included. This means that this chainsaw is ready to go right out of the box! You don’t have to put off your pressing job with a trip to the hardware store to buy oil.
- Lightweight and easy to use. Most chainsaws are very heavy and cumbersome, whereas this one is easy to carry around with you for those jobs that must be done on the move.
- Can cut through thick wood. Don’t be fooled by its light appearance; this chainsaw can easily handle big thick branches, making your job much easier, and meaning that it is convenient even if the job you are doing turns out to be bigger than you imagined.
- Warranty is not automatically included. Although you should not have any problems with this chainsaw, it is always comforting to be backed up with a warranty. You would have to talk to your authorised dealer to see if they offer this service.
A great, portable 18 inch gas chainsaw, perfect for those who are doing a few jobs around the farm and need a lightweight, reliable model to help them on their daily farm tasks.
2. Black+Decker 20V Max Cordless Chainsaw Review
This is a great chainsaw for farm work – heavier than some, but still small enough to carry around with you, and strong enough for big jobs where a bit more power is required.
- Free adjustment system. This chainsaw comes with a Tool Free blade tension system, perfect for those quick, on the spot adjustments where you need to adjust your chain.
- Inbuilt oiling system. This chainsaw will keep its bar and chain oiled and lubricated with very little input on your part, meaning that it is one of the most convenient chainsaws to use.
- Smooth, fast cuts. This chainsaw offers a ten inch, low kickback bar and chain that gives you smooth, easy cuts through just about any thickness of wood. This means that operating it will much less hard work on your part, and will give good results every time.
- Cordless operation for speed and convenience. The fact that you can charge up this model, rather than filling it with fuel or plugging it in, is a massive selling point. You don’t have to worry about carrying around jerry cans, or making sure you’re near a plug socket with this model.
- Battery sold separately. It’s a bit of a pain to discover that you have to buy extras to go with your brand new chainsaw – luckily you can buy the battery for this one from the same manufacturer.
Only 10 inch, but still this model can deal with just about any diameter branch you care to throw at it, and it will deal with bigger branches just as well as smaller ones – just remember that bigger cuts give a more jagged finish.
3. Greenworks 12 Inch 40V Cordless Chainsaw Review
This high quality chainsaw is a robust model, with a high tech battery and a great performance that should see your work load made much easier, faster and more convenient.
- High performance battery. The battery included in this model is a G-MAX 40V Li-Ion battery, which gives fade free power and loses no memory after charging. This also means the battery will last longer than some other models.
- Easy and comfortable to use. The wrap around handle means that you can use this model in just about any position that you need to, which makes trimming branches at an angle especially easy, and means that your arms won’t become strained.
- The battery lasts a long time. This chainsaw can get through just about any job you want to do, after a full charge, without needing to be recharged. If you are a tree surgeon you may wish to consider two batteries, but for normal jobs around the farm you will find the performance to be very good with just one.
- Small and lightweight to operate. This chainsaw can be handled by just about anyone, even someone who is not used to the weight of a chainsaw, and not give them sore arms by the end of the day.
- Takes a while to saw through bigger branches. If you’re looking for a chainsaw to do a big job quickly, maybe it would be best to look for a different one – this one will do the job you wan it to, but it reportedly takes a while to get through those bigger branches.
This chainsaw, although it looks small, will help you cut through large branches with ease. Fallen tree in the path? No problem! It is convenient to carry around, and it is lightweight so that you might not even notice that you’re carrying it.
When you’re looking for the best chainsaw for farm use, you are looking for a small, efficient and powerful chainsaw. You want one small enough that you can carry around with you,but that is up to the bigger jobs – hopefully we have found you the perfect chainsaw from the lists above.