Unfortunately, farms are a target for thieves. There is often a lot of very expensive equipment lying around, and however well you lock up at night some underhanded people just won’t be deterred. It is just about impossible to keep an eye on your entire farm, with all the buildings and fields, so you will need an extra helping hand – how about looking into the best security camera system for farm? A farm security system is very similar to a house version – but there may be more cameras to allow for the extra spaces that need to be watched, or better night vision, for example.
You can find all sorts of security systems; from a live feed where you can literally watch what’s going on; to clever systems that send alerts to your mobile phone if they detect a breach; to a more basic system which keeps an eye on your belongings and acts as a visual deterrent to thieves.
What You'll Learn Today
Best Security Camera System For Farm
We have done our homework, and picked out our three favorite best security camera system for farm:
Security Camera Systems
|HeimVision 1080P Wireless Security Camera
A simple, easy to install system with 4 cameras.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE|
|TOP PICK: Conico Outdoor Security Camera
A hi-res wireless camera for a wide range of temperatures.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE|
|Wireless Outdoor WiFi Security Camera
A good camera with a far reaching night vision.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE|
1. HeimVision 1080P Wireless Security Camera System Review
This kit is ideal for the farmer who has a smaller surveillance area, as it comes with four cameras – however you can expand the kit with additional cameras. It is also simple enough for first time users of security systems can get to grips with it quickly.
- Day and night vision. No need to worry about your camera stopping working when it gets dark – this one has an infra red setting that kicks in when it gets too dark to pick up normal imagery.
- Notifies your smart phone when it detects motion. You can set this clever camera system to pick up unusual movements in areas where there is already movement, so you don’t have to worry that it will pick up every little leaf blowing!
- Allows remote access. You can download an app that allows you to access the views from your cameras, and keep an eye on things from your phone, laptop or tablet.
- IP66 rated. This means that this unit is robust and can withstand a lot of normal weather. It is waterproof and dust tight, so you don’t have to worry about anything getting in and damaging the mechanism.
- It’s not totally wireless. This camera set up does need electrical power to be able to work; it will not operate wirelessly. As long as you can plug it in however, it will work fine.
This is a simple, easy to install system that is perfect for people who are new to the world of security cameras, or who just want to keep an eye on one or two places.
2. Conico Outdoor Security Camera Review
This camera system is ideal for those who want to site it in an area where there is no electrical sockets, as it runs on a battery and is rechargeable. It is also easy to install, and comes with its own bracket.
- High resolution and pixel quality. You will be able to look at your yard through this camera as if you were looking at it with the naked eye, thanks to its 1080 HD video definition.
- Smart detection. The camera will notify you when it detects motion – but it will not pick up blowing grass, as it is designed to pick up a moving body giving off a heat signal.
- IP65 rated. This camera is sealed and waterproof, and will operate in just about any weather – even a snowstorm!
- Simple and easy to install. All you need to do is mount this camera wherever you want it, no need for an electrical point, and there are only three screws to secure the bracket.
- There’s a delay in the motion detection. A few users have reported a lag in between detecting motion, and actually capturing the footage. This can lead to problems, as you may not actually record the entire event you’re trying to see.
A simple, easy to use and highly effective security camera system. It will act as a deterrent to anyone thinking about making mischief on your farm, and it will show you what’s going on even when you’re not around.
3. Wireless Outdoor WiFi Security Camera Review
This wireless camera set up would be perfect for someone who needs to be able to see what’s going remotely, and also be able to talk to the people on the screen – you can communicate with your welcomed guests, and yell threats at those you don’t want on your property!
- Smart notification. You can program this camera to pick up certain types of motion and ignore others, so you won’t get constant notifications when the camera detects a falling leaf.
- Far reaching night vision. The infra red lighting, filters and anti-reflection panel make this camera perfect for picking up images even in the darkest light – and the night vision reaches up to an impressive 55 feet.
- Multiple viewing options. You can see the footage from these cameras on your smart phone, tablet, laptop or PC, making this a convenient solution especially if you live far away from where the cameras are placed.
- Camera uploads to cloud storage. Using an app, this camera will save any images you want it to, and it can do so indefinitely, without the need for internal storage or SD cards.
- Will need recharging frequently. This is a wireless model, and it runs off batteries. You will need to keep an eye on the charge level, as without charge it will not work although the charge is reported to last around two weeks.
If a wireless camera that you can speak to people through is what you’re looking for, then look no further! Simple to set up, easy to use and simple to capture hours worth of footage – this is a great addition to any farm security system.
Best security camera for farm can not only deter intruders, but also gather footage in the event that you do experience a break in, so that you can bring the perpetrators to justice and get your items returned. They are a great addition to farm security (as are drones, for example) – and great for your peace of mind.