Farm work can be messy, as we very well know! You need good and practical clothes, including a good hat and an appropriate footwear. Without a doubt, rubber boots are one of the best things you can have on your feet anywhere on a farm.
Not only do they protect your feet from slippery unmentionables, but they are also sturdy enough to stand up to a tramp through the fields, and they are able to cope with a bit of barbed wire and brambles too.
You can quickly clean them, and their design make them easy to slip on and off when you come inside.
The best rubber boots for farm work must also be comfortable enough that you can wear them all day without getting sore feet and blisters, because farm work can be arduous and the hours long.
What You'll Learn Today
Best Rubber Boots For Farm Work: Reviews
You can buy a huge variety of the best rubber boots for farm work. They range in size, shape, color and materials, and some are more suited to heavier work while others can be just slipped on and off for popping out to the garden.
We have trawled the internet listings, and have found out our favorites – three of the best rubber boots for farm work on the market at the moment.
|TOP PICK: Muck Chore Classic
Designed for the hardest of farm work and weather.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE|
|Sloggers Women’s Boots
A great pair of waterproof boots with a bit of color.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE|
|Muck Chore Warm Weather
Great waterproof boots suitable for the hot weather.
|CLICK TO CHECK PRICE|
1. Muck Chore Classic Rubber Work Boots Review
These are some really heavy duty boots, most suitable for those who have to work a lot in wet, muddy conditions where you desperately need to keep your feet dry and protected. They are tall enough to keep splashes off your calves too.
- Flexible and adaptable to the leg and foot. These boots are very easy and comfortable to wear, because of the soft Neoprene fabric. This means that you can work long hours and not feel the strain in your feet.
- Waterproof on the outside, moisture wicking on the inside. The construction of these boots mean that your feet will stay dry and protected from puddles, while the interior will remove perspiration from your skin.
- Easy to clean. You can simply rinse any mud, muck or stains right off these boots with a quick hose down, and they will dry out quickly enough that you can wear them the next day.
- Slip resistant and shock absorbing. When you’re working on the farm, it is important that you stay on your feet. You can tramp through any number of muddles and muddy fields in these boots and you are almost guaranteed not to slip, thanks to the blown rubber out sole.
- The Neoprene fabric can make these boots hot. These boots are designed for the cold winter months, meaning that in hotter weather they can end up feeling a little too warm.
Designed for the hardest of farm work, in the coldest of weathers, this pair is strong enough that they should last you for years and years, and they’re comfortable enough that you can wear them on your longest days and not get sore feet or blisters.
2. Sloggers Women’s Waterproof Rain And Garden Boot Review
A pair of cute, cheerful boots that are perfectly suited to the lady in your life who likes to get out and about and needs to keep her feet dry! They are totally waterproof, very strong, and incredibly comfortable to wear.
- All day comfort insoles. These boots come with clever insoles, that can offer your feet comfort, and allow you to keep on weeding for hours.
- Sloggers offer a recycling scheme. When you are finished with your boots, you can send them back to Sloggers and they will turn them into a new pair of boots. This is great for you, because you won’t have old boots lying around, and great for the environment too.
- An extra wide calf. This added bit of width in the calf means these boots will be comfortable for those with larger lower legs, or you can use the added size to tuck your trousers into, so they don’t get wet or covered in mud.
- Heavy duty tread for excellent traction. Slipping over in the garden is not where you want to find yourself! The soles on these boots have a deep lug tread to keep you upright and prevent nasty slips.
- Sizes run a little small. It has been suggested that it is best to buy these boots larger than your normal size, as they can be a little snug which can make them hard to put on and take off.
These boots will protect your arches, offer you excellent comfort however long you are standing up – and they look absolutely amazing too! For a great pair of waterproof boots that will be functional as well as adding a splash of color to your garden, this is the pair for you.
3. Muck Chore Warm Weather Men’s Rubber Work Boot Review
This pair of boots is designed for people who work long hours on a farm – but this pair is specially designed for the summer months. They remove moisture from feet, while at the same time keeping the moisture from getting in in the first place.
- Good protection for your feet. With reinforced areas at the achilles, heel and toe areas, these boots will keep your feet safe from damage at the same time as being very comfortable.
- Breathable and cool for the hot weather. This pair of boots will manage to keep your feet protected from any wet weather and puddles, at the same time as allowing air to circulate and letting your feet breathe.
- Super easy to clean. All you need to do is give these boots a little rinse down at the end of a long day, and then dry them out overnight, then they’re good to go again by the next day.
- These boots are completely waterproof. You can quite literally wade around in a pond and your boots will not let any wet get in! This means that you won’t be in any danger of wayward puddle splashes.
- The neoprene may not stand up to hard rips. If you are working a lot around thorns and brambles, or barbed wire then these boots may not be your best bet as the fabric can rip under pressure.
It’s unusual to find a pair of waterproof boots that are suitable for the hot weather, that you don’t need to practically wring out at the end of a day! These boots will keep out water, at the same time as stopping your feet becoming totally drowned in sweat.
The best rubber boots for farm work are strong, sturdy, and of course, waterproof. You can find those which are suitable for hot weather, cold weather, and everything in between.
If you’re looking for additional rain clothes to complement your boots, here is our guide.